Think Tank Policy Courses
Uncommon Knowledge. Uncommon Results
Public Policy Innovations Course
Innovative Solutions to Government Challenges
||Action Learning Seminar and Workshop
||3 Days (70% seminar and discussions + 30% project)
||9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
|Course Venues and Dates:
Dubai, UAE (May 11-13).
London, UK (June 24-25).
Zurich, Switzerland (August 26-28)
||10% for 2 delegates. 15% for 3 or more delegates. Government and non-profit delegates receive up to 20% discount for 4 or more delegates. Valid only for Las Vegas venue.
Target audience includes country, state, and city leadership, governors, members of parliaments, heads of public agencies, mayors, commissioners, senior government managers, and public policy advisors.
The public policy innovations course is designed for government and civil service delegates seeking to learn best practices in policy design and strategic planning.
Note: This program is designed as an advanced training for government professionals; we do not accept students seeking initial employment, postsecondary education, or initial licensing programs.
The program is set within the context of contemporary political, social, economic, environmental, education and administrative systems. The program key objectives include the following:
Part 1: Explore Examples of Government Success and Failures
- The course will help the delegates understand why do some nations prosper while others struggle with debt, poverty, and political instability. Learn what are the Critical Success Factors (CSFs) and Critical Failure Factors (CFFs)
- Explore case studies of policy successes and failures from around the world, including the USA, Switzerland, Dubai, China, South Korea, Singapore, Nigeria, Cameroon, India, Lebanon, Syria, and others
- Provide examples of the world's most successful countries and their leaders. Learn how they quantum-leaped the competition in development and governance; and what mistakes were made along the way
Part 2: Learn New Policy Innovations to Solve National Challenges
- Offer experiential analysis of the challenges of public leaders and government executives in developing and transforming their nations and agencies
- Learn new solutions to traditional public management problems. The course will introduce new policy innovations, ideas, strategies, best practices, and decision-making tools to plan, design, and manage socioeconomic development and public reform initiatives in relevant sectors.
- Review and compare new innovations for public sector planning and governance frameworks, impact measurement, and analysis tools
- Explore how some of the latest policy innovations address complex policy challenges at the intersection of government, socioeconomic development, and citizens well-being
- Introduce a new policy design framework to integrate and align policy, investment allocation, and governance with public vision and development strategy.
- Learn about the latest measurement frameworks that provide a 360-degree view of public sector management and how to use them to develop an integrated multidisciplinary perspective of the complex government environment
- Explore examples of efficient and accurate analysis and decision-making processes for public policies and programs
Part 3: Create Strategic Change and Policy Implementation Action Plan
- The course ends with the creation of a concise action plan to design or customize the learned innovative solutions, new policy actions, or strategic initiatives for the country, state, or city of choice
Day 1: Executive seminar (Review of the latest policy innovations and best practices)
Day 2: Case studies (Analysis and discussions of best practices and pitfalls of policy management and example of country successes and failures).
Day 3: Group or individual action-learning project (Drafting a policy presentation or action plan) for the country, state, or city of choice
Courseware Content (Optional Customization)
The Public Policy Innovations courseware includes the following:
Participant's training guide
Subject matter books
Executive summary of the subject matter:
Public leader's toolkit (management frameworks, decision-models, and checklists)
Experiential work-based assessment project
Performance Evaluation (optional)
Performance can be evaluated on the basis of individual or team project deliverables
There are no Q&A exams or tests. Delegates can choose to complete customized experiential work-based projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
The program advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement feedback. The evaluation is a form of management consulting and experiential coaching for performance improvement
- Program Coordinator for African Countries: Dr. Noel Akpata
- All delegates
must register at:
Training Program Registration
to confirm seat reservation