Think Tank About Us
Government Training. Investment Training.
Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
Andrew Grove (Andrew S. Grove)
Intel - The
Brain of PCs (1936- Present)
- "Only the Paranoid Survive" (Andrew Grove)
"Columbus didn't have a business plan when he discovered America."
Andrew Grove worked at Fairchild Semiconductor before becoming Intel's
president in 1979, its CEO in 1987, and its Chairman and CEO in 1997. He
relinquished his CEO title in May 1998 and remained Chairman of the Board
until November 2004. Grove continues his work at Intel as a senior
- "Traitorous eight" leave Shockley labs.
- Starts Fairchild Semiconductor.
- Gains Ph.D. from University of California, Berkeley.
- Joins Gordon Moore and Bob Noyce who started Intel.
- Becomes Intel's president and chief operating officer.
- IBM decides to use Intel microprocessors. & He shifts Intel's focus
- Intel becomes the world number #1 in microprocessor technology
powering the brain of more than 80% of all PCs
- Becomes C.E.O. of Intel.
His accomplishments at Intel alone merit a place alongside the great
business leaders of the 20th century.
Books & References:
Andrew S. Grove (Andy Grove) Only the Paranoid Survive: How to Exploit
the Crisis Points That Challenge Every Company : How to Achieve a
Success That's Just a Disaster Away. New York: Doubleday, 2999.
- Jackson, Tim. Inside Intel: Andy Grove and the Rise of the World's
Most Powerful Chip Company. Collingdale, PA: DIANE, 2001.
- Andrew S. Grove (Andy Grove) (1967). Physics and Technology
of Semiconductor Devices (A Wiley International Edition). Wiley. ISBN
- Andrew S. Grove (Andy Grove)(1988). One-on-one with Andy
Grove . Penguin Putnam. ISBN 0140109358.
- Andrew S. Grove (Andy Grove) (1999). High Output Management.
Random House. ISBN 0679762884.
- Andrew S. Grove (Andy Grove) (2001). Swimming Across: A
Memoir . ISBN 0446679704.
- Robert Burgelman and Andrew S. Grove (2001). Strategy Is Destiny:
How Strategy-Making Shapes a Company's Future . ISBN 0684855542.
- Robert A. Burgelman, Andrew S. Grove and Philip E. Meza (2005).
Strategic Dynamics: Concepts and Cases. McGraw-Hill/Irwin. ISBN
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the
Management Training Courses.
Management Training Calendar
3 to 5 Days Short Executive Seminars and 1 to12 Months Advanced Management Programs
Management Training Courses in USA
Management Training Courses in Europe
Last Updated: February
(C) 1998 - 2020 International Institute of Management, USA.