Think Tank About Us
Government Courses. Investment
Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
George Eastman - Eastman Kodak - The
Portal Camera (1854-1932)
"You push the button, we do the rest". (George Eastman)
- Starts work at the Rochester Savings Bank
- Takes up photography
- Patents a dry plate and a machine for
- Takes Henry A. Strong as partner & incorporate
Eastman Dry Plate and Film Co.
- Developed KODAK The portable camera thus
converting a complex scientific process that was restricted to few
specialists and turned it into a commercial mass-market product.
- Implement "Wage dividend" strategy and create a
work force ownership, remuneration and benefits programs launch him into
- Hands one-third of his company holdings to the
- Eastman photographic empire grew from one
assistant to over 13,000 employees.
Management history remembers him as an enlightened manager who
introduced business practices that, till today, are being implemented as a
core competitive advantage by leading global companies.
Books & References:
Aclerman,Carl W., and Edwin R. Seligman. George Eastman: George Eastman:
Founder of Kodak and the Photography Business (Business Biographies).
Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Co., 1930.
Brayer, Elizabeth. George Eastman : A Biography. Baltimore, MD: Johns
Hopkins University Press, 1996.
The Story of Kodak
New York: H.N. Abrams, 1990.
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the
Management Training Courses.
Management Training Calendar
3 to 5 Days Short Executive Seminars and 1 to12 Months Advanced Management Programs
Management Training Courses in USA
Management Training Courses in Europe
Last Updated: February
(C) 1998 - 2021 International Institute of Management, USA.