Think Tank About Us
Government Training. Investment Training.
Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
J.P. Morgan (John Pierpont Morgan)
(1837-1912) - A Financial Giant
"The first thing is character…before money or anything else. Money
cannot buy it…because a man I do not trust could not get money from me
on all the bonds in Christendom." (J.P. Morgan)
- Teams up with the firm of Drexel to form Drexel, Morgan, & Co.
- Morgan managed to build a string of business interests in
railroads, shipping, and electricity industry
- As a financier puts together stock offering of $18 million for the
New York Central Railroad.
- U.S. Government passes the Interstate Commerce Act.
- Bail out U.S. government financial crisis twice
- Morgan attempted to unify the railroad bosses in opposition to the
U.S. government via the formation of so-called industry "trusts.
- US government downsize his business empire.
- Died having a reputation of greed and arrogance. Nevertheless he was
one of the greatest financiers in US history
Books & References:
Winkler, John. Morgan the Magnificent: Life of J.P. Morgan. New York:
The Vanguard Press, 1932.
Back to Management Gurus
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the
Management Training Courses.
Management Training Calendar
3 to 5 Days Short Executive Seminars and 1 to12 Months Advanced Management Programs
Management Training Courses in USA
Management Training Courses in Europe
Last Updated: February
(C) 1998 - 2020 International Institute of Management, USA.