Think Tank. About Us..
Government Courses. Investment
Courses. Corporate Training.
Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
John D. Rockefeller (John Davison
Rockefeller, Sr) (1839-1937) - Father of US Oil Industry
- "Men, not machinery or plant, make up an organization" (John D.
"The growth of a large business is merely a survival of the fittest."
(John D. Rockefeller)
- Starts work at Hewitt & Tuttle.
- Rockefeller, Andrews, & Flagler becomes the Standard Oil Company
- He assembled a team of the brightest men in business and harnessed
their collective efforts to drive Standard Oil's growth.
- Nationwide distribution system reaches most towns in the United
- Standard Oil controls over three-quarters of the U.S. petroleum
80% of U.S. towns served by Standard Oil carts.
- Establishes Rockefeller Foundation.
If it wasn't for John Rockefeller cheap gasoline, it is unlikely that
Edison's wide-scale electrification of the country or Ford's the
mass-marketing of the automobile would have happened when they did.
One of Rockefeller's greatest talents contributing to his success was hiring
Books & References:
- Chernow, Ron. Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr., Sr. New
York: Random House, 1998.
Hawke, David Freeman. John D. The Founding Father of the Rockefellers.
New York: Harper & Row, 1980.
Back to Management Gurus
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the
Management Training Courses.
Management Training Calendar
3 to 5 Days Short Executive Seminars and 1 to12 Months Advanced Management Programs
Management Training Courses in USA
::: Management Training Courses in Europe
January 1, 2022.
(C) 1998 - 2022 International Institute of Management, USA.