Think Tank About Us
Government Courses. Investment
Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
Theodore Newton Vail
AT&T - A Telecom
Giant - (1845-1921)
"I succeeded ..by never being unwilling, when young, to do another
man's work, and then, when older, by never doing anything somebody else
could do better for me." (Theodore N. Vail)
- Worked for the U.S. government reforming the postal delivery system.
- Joined Bell Telephone Co.
- Secured control of Western Electric Co.
- Sees The opportunity in new technology. Incorporate of American
Telephone & Telegraph Company.
- Resigns as president of AT&T
- Recalled as president of AT&T.
- Buys control of Western Union Telegraph Company
- Forced by Justice Department to dispose of Western Union stock.
- AT& T is still a US Telecom Giant
Books & References:
The telephone book : Bell, Watson, Vail and
American life, 1876-1976 / H. M. Boettinger ; special photography by
Richard A. Steinberg ; design by Ray Ripper , 1876-1976. Newmarket,
Ontario: Riverwood Publishers, 1977.
Paine, Albert Bigelow. In One Man's Life: Being Chapters From The
Personal And Business Career Of Theodore N. Vail . London: Harper &
Back to Management Gurus
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the
Management Training Courses.
Management Training Calendar
3 to 5 Days Short Executive Seminars and 1 to12 Months Advanced Management Programs
Management Training Courses in USA
Management Training Courses in Europe
Last Updated: February
(C) 1998 - 2021 International Institute of Management, USA.