Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
Disney World -
Every Child's Dream - (1901-1966)
" Why should I run for Mayor when I'm already king?" (Walt Disney)
- Tries to enlist for World War 1, at age 16, but is rejected.
- Creates his first original animated characters. Cartoons
- Creates Mickey Mouse.
- First feature-length musical animation, Snow White and the seven
- Disney and over 1.000 staff occupy the Burbank Studios.
- Dumbo, and Fantasia follow up, Mary Poppins and wildlife features
such as The Vanishing Prairie among its 100-plus films
- His studio won 48 Academy Awards and 7 Emmys among others
- Disneyland opens.
- Conceives Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow (Epcot).
- Disney World opens in Orlando, Florida, with Epcot to follow in
- A Global homespun entertainment giant laced with fantastic
imagination and traditional family values
Books & References:
Byrne, Eleanor, and Martin McQuillan. Deconstructing Disney. London:
Pluto Press, 1999.
Giroux, Henry A. The Mouse that Roared: Disney and the End of Innocence
(Culture and Education). Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 1999.
Back to Management Gurus
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the
Management Training Courses.
3 to 5 Days Short Executive Seminars and 1 to12 Months Advanced Management Programs
Management Training Courses in USA
::: Management Training Courses in Europe
January 1, 2022.
(C) 1998 - 2022 International Institute of Management, USA.