Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
Soros Fund - International Investment
- Graduated from the London School of Economics
- Founds, Soros Fund Management, Open Society Fund, Soros Foundation-Hungary , Soros Foundation-Soviet Union
- "Broke" the Bank of England in 1992 when he made $1 billion overnight by betting $10 billion on the devaluation of the pound
- Founds Quantum Fund a $12 billion international investment fund which is generally recognized as having had the best performance record in the world during its 25-year history.
- Publish - The Alchemy of Finance, Opening the Soviet System, Underwriting Democracy, Ideas and Actions
- Founds The Central European University in Budapest, Prague, and Warsaw.
- Received honorary doctoral degrees from the New School for Social Research (New York) and the University of Oxford , Budapest University of Economics and Yale University.
- As he matured, he moved from aggressive, controversial investment practices to become an international philanthropist, standing standing for liberal democratic causes worldwide
- He now speaks about reforming global capitalism and International Monetary Fund (IMF) calls for the change the very system that made him rich and calls the United States "the major obstacle to international cooperation today."
- Founds a network of foundations operating in 24 countries helping to build the infrastructure and institutions of an open society through the support of a variety of educational, cultural and economic restructuring activities.
Books & References:
- The Alchemy of Finance: Reading the Mind of the Market
- Opening the Soviet System , Weidenfeld & Nicholson1990,
- Underwriting Democracy: Encouraging Free Enterprise and Democratic Reform Among the Soviets and in Eastern Europe , published by The Free Press1991.
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the Executive Education Courses.