Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
Jeff Bezos (Jeffery Bezos)
A Pioneer & Global E- Commerce Giant (1964-Present)
- "I believe we can still be a footnote in the history of e-commerce." (Jeff Bezos)
- Graduates from Princeton.
- Youngest vice president at Bankers Trust.
- Senior vice president at D.E. Shaw & Co. where he helped set up one of the most successful quantitative hedge funds on Wall Street.
- Starts Amazon.com opens for business.
- Amazon.com, Inc. has a market capitalization of over $6 billion
- Survived the dot-com stocks crash in 2000 & turned the first profit in 2001
- Becomes the best known online/e-commerce brand in the world. A Dot-Com icon and inspiration for "Net-preneurs"
Succeeded in creating a strategic competitive advantage by
- Leveraging the low cost of virtual transactions
- Global Internet Marketing Branding
- Building trust in Secure E-Commerce Transactions
- Proper utilization of PR to survive the dot-com confidence crisis
Books & References:
- Saunders, Rebecca. Big Shots, Business the Amazon.com Way: Secrets of the Worlds Most Astonishing Web Business (2nd Edition) . New York: John Wiley, 2002.
- Spector, Robert. Amazon.com - Get Big Fast : Inside the Revolutionary Business Model That Changed the World. New York: Harper Business , 2000.
Back to Management Gurus
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the Executive Education Courses.