Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
- Youngest CEO of a Fortune 500 (1965- Present)
- "Ideas are a commodity. Execution of them is not." (Michael Dell)
It was not the product. it was the business model.
- Aged 12, sells stamps by catalog.
- Sells newspaper subscriptions
- Enters the University of Texas at Austin.
- Drops out of college to found Dell Computer.
- Dell Computer's first year revenue $257.8 million.
- Launches Dell's online and sales-exceed $3 million a day.
- Key Success Factors : build to order, keep low stocks, sell direct, support your customer.
- Becomes one the richest men in the world
- His direct internet business model is taught by many Executive Education schools today's
Books & References:
- Dell, Michael, with Catherine Fredman. Direct from Dell: Strategies That Revolutionized an Industry. New York: Harper Information, 2000.
Back to Management Gurus
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the Executive Education Courses.