Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
- "Sometimes you have to pay a high price for an opportunity." (Rupert Murdoch)
Rupert Murdoch is one of the best known media barons of the modern age.
- Complete education at Oxford
- Works are Daily Express newspaper
- Returns to Native Australia to take over from his father at the helm of the Adelaide News.
- He moved on to expand his media empire through a spate of acquisitions across the globe.
- He branched into movies and television, acquiring 20th Century Fox and Fox TV in US
- Bought The Times and The Sunday Times, in UK
- Overcame greatest challenge from a bitter battle with the print unions.
- Overcame the a major debt by rescheduling
- Acquiring Star TV in Asia.
- He becomes the first global media emperor
Books & References:
- Business the Rupert Murdoch Way: 10 Secrets of the World's Greatest Deal-Maker
- Ragan, Simon. Rupert Murdoch: A business biography . London: Angus & Robertson, 1976.
- Outfoxed - Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism
- Who is Rupert Murdoch? www.americanprogress.org
Back to Management Gurus
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the Executive Education Courses.