Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
Sam Walton (Samuel Walton)
Wal-Mart A Retail
Empire - (1918-1992)
- "Our best ideas come from clerks and schoolboys." (Samuel Walton)
- Brought up in the depression-times in Midwest, USA
- Wants to copy JC Penney retail business, borrowed from his father-in-law $25,000 & Opens a franchise for Ben Franklin store in Arkansas, USA
- Opens first Wal-Mart discount store
- Pioneered the self-service concept, and championed hypermarts
- Raises $5 million on the stock market through a public offering of Wal-Mart stock.
- Builds 452 new stores.
- Retires for two years.
- Builds 1,237 new stores.
- Wal-Mart stock makes him wealthiest man in America.
- Wal-Mart overtakes Sears and become biggest retailer in the United States.
Books & References:
Back to Management Gurus
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the Executive Education Courses.