Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
Motors - (1906-1992)
- "To me success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection." (Soichiro Honda)
- Soichiro Honda started in business as a car mechanic
- Founds Tokai Seiki Heavy Industry (TSHI).
- Cofounds Honda with Takeo Fujisawa.
- D Type motorcycle - the Dream - manufactured and becomes the leading motorcycle manufacturer in Japan
- Production of Cub begins.
- Honda sports motorcycle team won the team prize at the Isle of Man TT races
- Opens dealership in United States. Super Cub goes into production.
- With excellent engineering and smart marketing (the fastest motorcycle) Honda becomes top-selling brand in United States outselling Harley-Davidson
- The company went into the automobile business
- More than Ten million Hondas sold in United States. with
- Honda Accord car being one of the most popular and best selling models in the world
- A mechanic who bypassed Japanese networking system or gakubatsa, and made his own way in business with no help from cronies.
- He is one of the world's greatest industrialists
Books & References:
Back to Management Gurus
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the Executive Education Courses.