Accelerated Management Workshops
Strategic Human Resources Management Program (SHRM)
Strategic Leadership in Human Resources Management
|Program Methods:||Action Learning Seminar and Workshop|
|Program Venue:||USA West: Las Vegas, NV. Los Angeles, CA. San Francisco, CA. Seattle, WA.
USA East: Chicago, IL. Houston, TX. New York (NYC), NY. Washington, DC. Miami, FL.
|Program Duration:||1 to 2 Weeks (1 week seminar + 1 week project)|
|Program Dates:||Executive Education Calendar|
|Program Times:||9:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Group Discounts:||5% for 2 delegates. 10% for 3 or more delegates. Government and non-profit delegates receive up to 15% discount for 4 or more delegates. Valid only for Las Vegas venue.|
|Program Options:||Available on client site for a group of 5 or more delegates.
For customization of training topics, duration, or one-to-one coaching, please contact us.
|Course Advantage:||Client Testimonials. Training Excellence. CEO Club|
The Strategic Human Resources Management (SHRM) program is designed for C-level management and senior managers and with a focus on HR management. The target audience includes senior human capital managers, human resources managers, department managers, enterprise project managers, entrepreneurs, and management consultants.
Note: This program is designed as an advanced training for government and corporate professionals; we do not accept students seeking initial employment, postsecondary education, or initial licensing programs
- Provide 360 degree view of the human resources management function to integrate and align HR with business strategy
- Review human resources management frameworks, best practices, analysis, and decision-making models and tools
- Offer experiential analysis of the challenges of CHROs and their HR executive teams in leading and transforming their organizations
- Identify potential HR management blind spots and improvement areas
- Explore executive management best practices, tools, and decision-models for building high-performance teams
- Share HR strategy and executive leadership insights from the world's most successful executives
- Analyze, plan, and implement advanced and complex HR strategies that integrate with the business strategy
- Learn how to monitor strategy execution using performance measurement systems
- Create a work-based project to help candidates develop strategic initiatives based on their unique set of issues, resources and business environment
The program consists of two modules:
Strategic Human Resources Management Best Practices
Module 1: Executive Leadership Best Practices
Executive Leadership Experience:
Top HR Leadership Questions and Challenges
Executive Leadership Science: Leadership Psychology. Leadership Styles and Behaviors. Personality Profiling. Critical Thinking. Decision Making. Organizational Psychology and Behavior. Motivation Theories. Social Animal. Hygiene Factors Theory. Contingency Approach. Path-Goal Theory. Expectancy Theory. Equity Theory. Tournament Theory. Hierarchy of Needs. Management by Objectives. Learning Organizations. Theory X, Theory Y and Theory Z. Organization Culture.
Executive Leadership Skills: Transformational Leadership. Charismatic Leadership. Change Management. Managing Executive Politics. Organizational Alignment. Self-Awareness. Emotional Intelligence. Relationship Management. Conflict Management and Negotiation. Managerial Ethics. Executive Networking. Performance Management.
Module 2: Strategic HR Management (SHRM) Best Practices
- Top Human Resources (HR) Strategy Questions and Challenges. Strategic Planning. Strategy Best Practices and Pitfalls. HR Strategy Toolkit. HR Strategy Formulation. HR Strategy Implementation and Strategy Evaluation Framework.
- How to integrate and align HR strategy with business strategy.
- Critical analysis of the applications and limitations of popular strategic management practices, models and frameworks for human resources management function, including: CHRO Balanced Scorecard (Kaplan & Norton). HR Value Chain Analysis (VCA). Scope. Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT). HR Management Core Competencies. Critical Success Factors (CSF). Scenario Planning for Human Resources. CHRO Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Sustainable Competitive Advantage. Risk Management. Trends Probability and Impact. Organization Design. Organizational Lifecycle. Change Management. Natural Law of HR Applications. Business Drivers. Environment Scanning for CHROs. Political, Economic, Social, Technology, Environmental and Legal (PESTEL) Analysis of the HR environment. HR Governance. Strategic Alignment. Hierarchy of Objectives. Performance Control System (PCS). Stakeholder Analysis. People, Power, and Politics. Organization & System Design. Business Model Impact on the HR function. Pareto 80/20 Rule for HR. Sustainable Competitive Advantage.
- How to integrate and align HR lifecycle with business strategy using: Workforce Planning, Organization Design, Job Analysis, Rewards and Compensation, Recruitment and Selection, Performance Management, Training & Development, Employee Separation, and Human Resources Management Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Experiential action learning
25%-50% seminar and 50-75% experiential project work
The development of executive management skills is based on KASAC executive education and management training model
Courseware Content (Customized)
The Strategic HR Management courseware includes the following:
Participant's training guide
Subject matter handbook and lecture notes
Executive summary of the subject matter:
Summary of essential concepts and HR best practices
Examples and case studies
CHRO toolkit (management frameworks, decision-models, and checklists)
Experiential work-based assessment project
Courses By Industry - Optional Customization (For Group Training):
The management seminars and case studies can be customized to each industry, including: government and public sector management, banking, insurance and financial services management, investment and asset management, energy, utilities, oil and gas management, trade and retail management, education management, pharmaceutical, healthcare, hospital management, construction management, real estate management, agriculture and fishery management, food and restaurant management, telecommunication and information technology management, transportation, freight and logistics management, aerospace, automotive, airlines management, hospitality management, tourism, travel and leisure management, media management, and manufacturing management.
Performance Evaluation (Optional)
Performance can be evaluated on the basis of individual or team project deliverables
There are no Q&A exams or tests. Candidates can choose to complete customized experiential work-based projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
The program advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement feedback. The evaluation is a form of management consulting and experiential coaching for performance improvement
Strategic Human Resources Management (SHRM) Program
|Executive Program Registration|