Seminars. Workshops. MasterClasses.
Negotiating with Latin American
Negotiation Best Practices with
Latin American Businesses
|Training Methods:||Action Learning Seminar and Workshop|
|Course Venue:||USA West: Las Vegas, NV. Los Angeles, CA. San Francisco, CA. Seattle, WA.
USA East: Chicago, IL. Houston, TX. New York (NYC), NY. Washington, DC. Miami, FL.
Latin American Cities: Contact us for more details.
|Course Duration:||4 days (3 days seminar + 1 day project)|
|Course Times:||9:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Course Dates:||On Demand|
|Group Discounts:||5% for 2 delegates. 10% for 3 or more delegates. Valid only for Las Vegas venue.|
Contact us for training topics and duration customization or one-to-one coaching.
Available at client site for a group of 5 or more delegates.
|Course Advisor:||Juan Del Valle|
|Course Advantage:||Client Testimonials. Training Excellence. CEO Club|
CEO's Team: General managers, business unit managers, head attorneys and entrepreneurs.
Note: This training course is designed for government and business professionals. We do not accept students seeking initial employment, postsecondary education, or initial licensing programs
- Apply negotiation techniques to agreement reaching with Latin American parties, identifying their culture and bias particularities.
- Analyze strategies to generate value and options in negotiations with Latin American parties, without risking the possibility of optimal outcomes.
- This course is intended and useful for both managers and attorneys.
- Provide an understanding of negotiation structures, and enhance negotiation skills, both to generate solid business relationships and solve conflicts.
- Design a negotiation path, comfortable for any professional, regardless of personality traits.
- Disregard positions of power as effective negotiation practices.
- Train delegates to reach optimal and fair agreements.
- Analyze the steps in every negotiation, providing a useful roadmap to address any agreement reaching process.
- Focus on determining interests over positions in the negotiation process, in order to generate value and options to secure reaching an optimal agreement.
- Understand and practice on determining and obtaining a strong position within a negotiation through the identification and/or establishment of an Alternative to the negotiation.
- Identify a successful procedure to determine when it is better not to negotiate an agreement.
- Focus on ways to generate options that increase the possibility of reaching agreements for new-born business relationships, without risking interests.
- Train delegates to view a negotiation as an opportunity to generate additional value and claim it.
- Implement strategies to handle difficult negotiations, such as dealing with aggressive negotiators.
- Develop communication skills by understanding the importance of listening and asking questions.
- Understand and apply strategies to strengthen relationships with the other party, concentrating on clients and providers.
- Apply techniques to multi-party negotiation scenarios.
- Focus on negotiating under ethical principles, and understanding the risks for a positive outcome when acting otherwise.
- Develop and enhance negotiation skills and competencies. The competencies include successful negotiation practices, reaching optimal agreements, generate value and options, and strengthen relationships.
Experiential action learning
25%-50% seminar and 50-75% experiential project work
The development of management skills is based on KASAC executive education and management training model
- Introduction to negotiations.
- Who may be an effective negotiator prejudice attack.
- Types of negotiations and main characteristics.
- Turning Win-Lose negotiations into Win-Win scenarios.
- Communication: Listening and asking questions as a tool.
- Communication: The risk of poker in negotiations.
- Analysis of BATNA and R.P.
- Understanding of gaps and contact points in parties` interests
- Generating options: Variable equalization for similar outcomes.
- Inexistence of one-time negotiations: Business and/or legal relationship strengthening through negotiation.
- Multi-party negotiations.
- Ethics in negotiations.
Negotiation Best Practices:
Negotiation Steps. Positions vs. Interests. Communication to reach agreements. Asking Questions. Variable Equalization for option generation. Alternatives to the Negotiation. Negotiating under ethical principles. Negotiation Development Strategy for Companies
The training courseware includes the following:
Participant's training guide
Subject matter handbook and lecture notes
Executive summary of the subject matter:
Summary of essential concepts and operations management best practices
Examples and case studies
Negotiation toolkit (management frameworks, decision-models, and checklists)
Experiential work-based assessment project
Online resources for the completion of the experiential assessment project
Performance Evaluation (Optional)
Performance can be evaluated on the basis of individual or team project deliverables
There are no Q&A exams or tests. Candidates can choose to complete customized experiential work-based projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
The course advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement feedback
The evaluation is a form of management consulting and experiential coaching for performance improvement
||Training Course Registration|