Seminars. Workshops. MasterClasses.
Executive Education Program
Leadership Best Practices
|Program Methods:||Action Learning Seminar and Workshop|
|Program Venue:||USA West: Las Vegas, NV. Los Angeles, CA. San Francisco, CA. Seattle, WA.
USA East: Chicago, IL. Houston, TX. New York (NYC), NY. Washington, DC. Miami, FL.
Europe: (Only during summer-fall) Amsterdam. Barcelona. London. Milan. Munich. Paris. Rome. Stockholm. Vienna.
|Program Duration:||2 Weeks (1 week seminar + 1 week project)|
|Program Dates:||Executive Education Calendar|
|Program Times:||9:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Group Discounts:||5% for 2 delegates. 10% for 3 or more delegates. Government and non-profit delegates receive up to 15% discount for 4 or more delegates. Valid only for Las Vegas venue.|
|Program Options:||Available on client site for a group of 5 or more delegates.
For customization of training topics, duration, or one-to-one coaching, please contact us.
|Course Advantage:||Client Testimonials. Training Excellence. CEO Club|
This governance training course is designed for public sector leaders and managers at country, state, and city levels seeking to develop their strategic governance skills.
Target audience includes members of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government, including heads of states, governors, members of parliaments, judges, managers of public agencies, mayors, commissioners, senior government managers, and public policy advisors, The program also helps public sector analysts, strategic project managers, and senior legal professionals in understanding the latest governance best practices.
Note: This program is designed as an advanced training for government and corporate professionals; we do not accept students seeking initial employment, postsecondary education, or initial licensing programs
- Provide an understanding of the government senior leadership and strategic governance frameworks
- Offer experiential analysis of the challenges of Governors and public CEOs and their executive teams in leading and transforming their organizations and developing their nations
- Explore executive management best practices, tools, and decision-models for building high-performance teams, government agencies and organizations
- Share public service strategy and executive leadership insights from the world's most successful government leaders and executives
- Analyze, plan, and implement advanced and complex government development and reform strategies
- Explore ways to gain national and organizational consensus and align various teams with the new strategy
- Learn how to monitor governance strategy execution using performance measurement systems and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Create a work-based project to help candidates develop strategic initiatives based on their unique set of issues, resources and environment
The program consists of 2 modules:
Government Leadership (3-5 days)
Strategic Management (5-7 days)
Module 1: Executive Leadership Best Practices
Executive Leadership Experience:
Top Public CEO Leadership Questions and Challenges
Executive Leadership Science: Leadership Psychology. Leadership Styles and Behaviors. Personality Profiling. Critical Thinking. Decision Making. Organizational Psychology and Behavior. Motivation Theories. Social Animal. Hygiene Factors Theory. Contingency Approach. Path-Goal Theory. Expectancy Theory. Equity Theory. Tournament Theory. Hierarchy of Needs. Management by Objectives. Learning Organizations. Theory X, Theory Y and Theory Z. Organization Culture.
Executive Leadership Skills: Transformational Leadership. Charismatic Leadership. Change Management. Managing Executive Politics. Organizational Alignment. Self-Awareness. Emotional Intelligence. Relationship Management. Conflict Management and Negotiation. Managerial Ethics. Executive Networking. Performance Management.
Module 2: Strategic Management Best Practices
- Top Public CEO / Government Leader Strategy Questions and Challenges. Strategic Planning. Strategy Best Practices and Pitfalls. Business Strategy Toolkit. Strategy Formulation. Strategy Implementation and Strategy Evaluation Framework.
- Provide 360-degree view of the public sector management function to integrate and align policy with governance strategy
- Review public sector governance frameworks, best practices, decision-making models, and analysis tools to balance between freedom (performance) and control (risk management)
- Share government strategy example and insights from the world's most successful governments
- Learn from examples of government failure and how to avoid governance strategy pitfalls
- Create a work-based project to help candidates develop strategic initiatives based on their unique set of issues, resources, and governance environment
- Leading strategic organizational change and transformation initiatives
Module 3: Leading Strategic Change & Performance Management Best Practices
- Critical review of Balanced Scorecards (BSC), ISO 9K, Lean Six Sigma (LSS), PMI, EFQM (RADAR) and other business excellence and performance improvement models. Learn how to surpass the limitations of existing business process improvement models using the holistic and integrated change management frameworks of RP-CAO & PD-BOT that covers the five dimensions of government and business organizations including Policy, Processes, People, Budgets and Tools (3P-BT)
- Part 1: Strategy Formulation Framework: RP-CAO (Research > Plan > Communicate > Assess > Optimize) and related key performance management indicators (KPIs)
- Part 2: Strategy Execution via Enterprise Project Management Framework: PD-BOT (Plan > Design > Build > Operate > Transfer) and related key performance management indicators (KPIs) for each phase.
- Emerging challenges of leaders in the public sector
- Preventing corruption and agency capture and abuse of power
- Governance frameworks and systems
- The seven principles of ethical governance framework: service, transparency, accountability, consistency, fairness, focus, integrity, and objectivity
- The best practices and pitfalls of current governance systems
- The institute's model for systematic analysis, design, implementation, and evaluation of public policies and investments
- Performance vs. Conformance (freedom vs. control)
- Incentives and performance controls design
- Review of sources of bias in decision-making and governance
- The role of the administrative office in governance: Expertise, policies, evaluation, and audit
- Stakeholders public accountability: Transparency and reporting
Experiential action learning
25%-50% seminar and 50-75% experiential project work
The development of executive management skills is based on KASAC executive education and management training model
Courseware Content (Customized)
The Executive Leadership training courseware includes the following:
Participant's training guide
Subject matter handbook and lecture notes
Executive summary of the subject matter:
Summary of essential concepts and executive best practices
Examples and case studies
Government CEO's toolkit (management frameworks, decision-models, and checklists)
Experiential work-based assessment project
Courses By Industry - Optional Customization (For Group Training):
The management seminars and case studies can be customized to each industry, including: government and public sector management, banking, insurance and financial services management, investment and asset management, energy, utilities, oil and gas management, trade and retail management, education management, pharmaceutical, healthcare, hospital management, construction management, real estate management, agriculture and fishery management, food and restaurant management, telecommunication and information technology management, transportation, freight and logistics management, aerospace, automotive, airlines management, hospitality management, tourism, travel and leisure management, media management, and manufacturing management.
Performance Evaluation (Optional)
Performance can be evaluated on the basis of individual or team project deliverables
There are no Q&A exams or tests. Candidates can choose to complete customized experiential work-based projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
The program advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement feedback. The evaluation is a form of management consulting and experiential coaching for performance improvement
||Executive Program Registration|