Seminars. Workshops. MasterClasses.
|Training Methods:||Action Learning Seminar and Workshop|
|Course Venue:||USA West: Las Vegas, NV. Los Angeles, CA. San Francisco, CA. Seattle, WA.
USA East: Chicago, IL. Houston, TX. New York, NYC, NY. Washington, DC. Miami, FL.
|Course Duration:||4 days (2 days seminar + 2 days project)|
|Course Times:||9:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Course Dates:||Management Training Courses Calendar|
|Group Discounts:||10% for 2 delegates. 15% for 3 or more delegates. Government and non-profit delegates receive up to 20% discount for 4 or more delegates. Valid only for Las Vegas venue.|
|Course Options:||Available on client site for a group of 5 or more delegates.
For customization of training topics, duration, or one-to-one coaching, please contact us.
|Course Advantage:||Client Testimonials. Training Excellence. CEO Club|
CEO's strategy implementation team, including the project management office (PMO) and project portfolio managers (PPM), business planning managers, operations managers, IT managers, marketing managers, HR managers, procurement managers, supply chain managers, production managers, manufacturing managers, quality managers, R&D managers, innovation managers, entrepreneurs, enterprise project management candidates, and management consultants.
Note: This training course is designed for government and business professionals. We do not accept students seeking initial employment, postsecondary education, or initial licensing programs
The delegates will learn how to align business strategy, operations, and project management functions
Provide 360 degree view of the project management office (PMO) function and identify potential management blind spots and improvement areas
Offer experiential analysis of the challenges of project and portfolio managers
Understand of the functions and practices of enterprise project portfolio managers
Cover strategic project management decision areas such as scope, human resources, cost, quality, time, space, flexibility and capacity
Top PMO and project portfolio manager (PPM) questions and challenges
Strategic project stakeholders management
Enterprise-wide project planning decisions
Quick overview of strategic project management framework:
Strategic project definition and scope management
Strategic project time management
Strategic project budget management
Strategic project quality Management
Strategic project HR management
Strategic project risk management
Strategic project procurement management
Project portfolio management
Building a project management office (PMO)
PMO dashboards and key performance indicators (KPIs)
Project portfolio management (PPM) best practices
Managing failed projects
Develop the core project management skills and competencies, including strategic project management, project portfolio planning, alignment, optimization, monitoring, control, problem-solving, and communication.
Note: Although the course covers all project management areas, the focus of the course is on the strategic aspects of enterprise-wide or government-wide project management
Experiential action learning
25%-50% seminar and 50-75% experiential project work
The development of management skills is based on KASAC executive education and management training model
- Project management (PM) framework, best practices and tools
- What are the 6 dimensions of project management?
- What are the 5 phases of project management?
- What are the 9 functions of project management?
- What are the key activities in each function and each phase?
- What are the 9 project plan sections?
- What are the key PM tools for each function?
- What are the 7 key PM reporting areas?
- Project portfolio management (PPM)
- What is the difference between PM and SPM
- What is the difference between project, program and portfolio?
- What is the key function of PPM?
- What are the 4 key steps of PPM process?
- What are the PPM's goals and activities?
- What are the PPM best practices?
- What are the 5 Implementation Steps of PPM?
- How to manage the planning of multiple projects within organizational hierarchy?
- How do you select and prioritize the right projects?
- How do you evaluate the financial impact of projects?
- How to calculate the risk exposure of each project?
- How to calculate the risk exposure for the entire portfolio?
- What areas of risks do you consider for each project?
- How to measure the expected commercial value of each project?
- How do you score and rank alternative project proposals?
- How do you measure the expected commercial value of the entire portfolio?
- How do you classify projects based on risk/return?
- What project to invest in and what project to eliminate?
- What is your budget allocation among various project categories and their risk/return classes?
- What is the PPM maturity level at your PMO?
- The project management office (PMO)
- What are the key functions of a PMO?
- What are the 5 steps of SPM Process?
- What are the 5 domains of PMO?
- What are the key activities in each domain?
- How to align enterprise projects with business strategy?
- How do you map corporate strategies to projects in various business units or departments?
- How to use balanced score card for alignment and scoring?
- What is the PMO role within the organization?
- What is the PMO Authority/Responsibility matrix and Reporting Lines?
- How to build a PMO?
- How to manage organizational and cultural change?
- How to manage project managers?
- What do CEOs look for in the PMO reporting?
- How to maintain visibility into the total program/portfolio status?
- How to maintain visibility into individual project status?
- What are the key areas of PMO's Dashboard?
- What are the 5 Key areas for PMO PM Dashboard?
- What are the key quantitative and qualitative KPIs?
- What are the key PPM software tools?
- Why do project managers fail?
- Why do projects fail?
- How to manage failed projects?
The Strategic Project Management training courseware includes the following:
Participant's training guide
Subject matter handbook and lecture notes
Executive summary of the subject matter:
Summary of essential concepts and operations management best practices
Examples and case studies
Strategic project management toolkit (management frameworks, decision-models, and checklists)
Courses By Industry - Optional Customization (For Group Training):
For group training, please let us know if you would like to customize the course to a specific industry or company. The management seminars and case studies can be customized to each industry, including: government and public sector management, banking, insurance and financial services management, investment and asset management, energy, utilities, oil and gas management, trade and retail management, education management, pharmaceutical, healthcare, hospital management, construction management, real estate management, agriculture and fishery management, food and restaurant management, telecommunication and information technology management, transportation, freight and logistics management, aerospace, automotive, airlines management, hospitality management, tourism, travel and leisure management, media management, and manufacturing management.
Performance can be evaluated on the basis of individual or team project deliverables
There are no Q&A exams or tests. Candidates can choose to complete customized experiential work-based projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
The course advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement feedback. The evaluation is a form of management consulting and experiential coaching for performance improvement
||Training Course Registration|