The A List: World's Most Respected
Best Investment Books
The Management Society recognizes and honors the works of the world's best investment management authors. The researchers read and select the best books. Researchers' criteria for accepting nominations included the importance of work, media coverage, recognition within the consulting, academia, and international management communities. The nomination for A-List is open worldwide. To participate in the survey, please visit the Global Management Polls
According to Mr. Med Jones, Editor-in-Chief, no "elite" list is all inclusive, there are many excellent books that do not have equal media or research exposure. The nomination for A List is open worldwide.Methodology and Ranking Criteria
The survey methodology provides the ability to validate nominations and allows insights into the nominees' critical success factors.
- Public stakeholders can nominate the most respected books and their authors
- Voters are then asked to give the reasons for their nominations, thus providing valuable insight into what key factors drive the success of these nominees. Questions are presented in free-form and open-ended formats.
- Further research is conducted to validate the entries using sales figures, readers ratings and industry impact as expressed in the global media.
- After verification and acceptance of the nomination, the input is then statistically analyzed taking into consideration the geographic region, the number of votes, the listed reasons and the order in which they are listed.
When two or more book score equally on overall ratings (reach a tie)
, the Institute editors refer to the number of votes.
In a nutshell, the public nominates, the researchers validate the nominations, and the number votes determines the respectability and ranking.
Notes: For corrections or feedback please contact us
The Most Respected Investment Books
The following is a list of the best business books
|The Intelligent Investor Revised Edition|
|The Successful Investor: What 80 Million People Need to Know to Invest Profitably and Avoid Big Losses|
|Financial Reckoning Day: Surviving the Soft Depression of the 21st Century|
Other "A List" survey results (2005)
- Hall of Fame - Management Gurus
- World's Most Respected Companies
- World's Most Respected CEOs
- World Most Respected Management Thinkers
- World's Most Respected Management Consultants
- World's Most Respected Management Professors/Educators
- World's Most Respected Management Books
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute;s experts research, develop and disseminate management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs management gurus. For advanced executive education and training opportunities, please refer to the Executive Education Courses