Government Training Courses
Executive Education Courses
Seminars. Workshops. MasterClasses.
Governance Strategy Course
Governance Best Practices
|Training Methods:||Action Learning Seminar and Workshop|
|Course Venue:||USA West: Las Vegas, NV. Los Angeles, CA. San Francisco, CA. Seattle, WA.
USA East: Chicago, IL. Houston, TX. New York (NYC), NY. Washington, DC. Miami, FL.
|Course Duration:||5 Days (2 days seminar + 3 days project)|
|Course Dates:||Executive Education Courses Calendar|
|Course Times:||9:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Group Discounts:||5% for 2 delegates. 10% for 3 or more delegates. Government and non-profit delegates receive up to 15% discount for 4 or more delegates. Valid only for Las Vegas venue.|
|Course Options:||Available on client site for a group of 5 or more delegates.
For customization of training topics, duration, or one-to-one coaching, please contact us.
|Course Advantage:||Client Testimonials. Training Excellence. CEO Club. Thought Leadership|
This governance training course is designed for public sector leaders and managers at country, state, and city levels seeking to develop their strategic governance skills.
Target audience includes members of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government, including heads of states, governors, members of parliaments, judges, managers of public agencies, mayors, commissioners, senior government managers, and public policy advisors. The program also helps public sector analysts, policy advisors, and legal professionals in understanding the latest governance best practices.
Note: This course is designed as an advanced training for government and corporate professionals; we do not accept students seeking initial employment, postsecondary education, or initial licensing programs.
- Provide 360-degree view of the public sector management function to integrate and align policy with governance strategy
- Review public sector governance frameworks, best practices, decision-making models, and analysis
- Emerging challenges of leaders in the public sector
- Preventing corruption and agency capture and abuse of power
- Governance frameworks and systems
- The seven principles of ethical governance framework: service, transparency, accountability, consistency, fairness, focus, integrity, and objectivity
- The best practices and pitfalls of current governance systems
- The institute's model for systematic analysis, design, implementation, and evaluation of public policies and investments
- Performance vs. Conformance (freedom vs. control)
- Review of sources of bias in decision-making and governance
- The role of the administrative office in governance: Expertise, policies, evaluation, and audit
- Stakeholders public accountability: Transparency and reporting
Special Topics and Customization Requests (Additional Fee):
- Interrelationship between national and international governance systems
- Identifying the key institutional power players and their influence in the United States and global governance system
- A critical analysis of the United States governance system
- A critical analysis of the United Nations governance system
- Global governance and the changing world order - Analysis of emerging challenges and solutions
- Gross National Development (GND) and Gross National Wellbeing (GNW) public sector management and measurement frameworks
Experiential action learning
25%-50% seminar and 50-75% experiential project work
The development of executive management skills is based on KASAC executive education and management training model
Courseware Content (Customized)
The Governance Strategy courseware includes the following:
Participant's training guide
Subject matter handbook and lecture notes
Executive summary of the subject matter:
Summary of essential concepts and leadership best practices
Examples and case studies
The Governor's toolkit (management frameworks, decision-models, and checklists)
Experiential work-based assessment project
Performance Evaluation (Optional)
Performance can be evaluated on the basis of individual or team project deliverables
There are no Q&A exams or tests. Candidates can choose to complete customized experiential work-based projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management strategy, action plan, or a senior management presentation
The course advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement feedback. The evaluation is a form of management consulting and experiential coaching for performance improvement
Governance Strategy Course
|Training Course Registration|