Think Tank About Us
Government Training. Investment Training.
Management Hall of Fame
Most Respected Management Gurus
- Father of Corporate Strategy (1918 - Present)
"Structure will become a dynamic enabler of both change and unchanged, the
ultimate model of organizational chaos." (Igor Ansoff)
Igor Ansoff was the originator of the strategic management concept, and
was responsible for establishing strategic planning as a management
activity in its own right.
- The Ansoff Matrix, also known as the "product-mission
matrix" or the 2 x 2 growth vector component matrix," Ansoff Matrix
remains a popular tool for organizations that wish to understand the
risk component of various growth strategies including product versus
market development, and diversification.
- Publish "Corporate Strategy"
. The first text to concentrate entirely on strategy, and it
remains one of the classics of management literature.
- Strategy Decisions & The 3S model.
Ansoff identified four standard types
of organizational decisions. He developed a new classification of
decision-making, and distinguished decisions as either:
- Strategy: Focused on the areas of products and markets);
- Structure: Administrative (organizational and resource
- System: Operating (budgeting and directly managing).
- Strategy Components:
Ansoff identified four key strategy components:
- Product-market scope - What Product for What Market?
- Growth vector - How to grow?
- Competitive advantage.
- Synergy - how opportunities fit the core capabilities of the
organization. Ansoff explained synergy as how the whole is greater
than the mere sum of the parts ("1 + 1 = 3")
- "Paralysis By Analysis".
He Coined the famous phrase "paralysis by analysis" to warn against
procrastination caused by excessive planning.
Books & References:
From Strategic Planning to Strategic
Management . New York: John Wiley/ Interscience, 1975.
The New Corporate Strategy, Revised Edition.
New York: John Wiley, 1988. (Revised edition of Corporate Strategy.)
Executive Education and Management Training
- The institute researchs, develops, and disseminates management-best-practices and learned-lessons from leading CEOs and Management Gurus. For advanced executive education and management training courses, please visit the
Management Training Courses.
Management Training Calendar
3 to 5 Days Short Executive Seminars and 1 to12 Months Advanced Management Programs
Management Training Courses in USA
Management Training Courses in Europe
Last Updated: February
(C) 1998 - 2020 International Institute of Management, USA.