- Fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.
all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the
world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and
women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have.
- Be not afraid of going slowly; be only afraid of standing still.
- Big goals can create a fear of failure. Lack of goals guarantees it.
- Confidence is contagious and so is lack of confidence, and a customer
will recognize both. --Vince Lombarddi
- Courage atrophies from lack of use. --Unknown
- Courage conquers all things. --Ovid
- Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage
unless you're scared. --Eddie Rickenbacker
- Courage is fear that has said its prayers. --Dorothy Bernard
- Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that
something else is more important than fear. --Ambrose Redmoon
- Courage is one step ahead of fear. --Coleman Young
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
- Courage is the ladder on which all other virtues mount. --Clare Booth
- Courage without conscience is a wild beast. --Robert G. Ingersoll
- Don't be afraid to fail. If you're not failing, you're not growing.
--H. Stanley Judd
- Don't be afraid to go out on a limb -- that's where the fruit is.
- Don't be afraid to take a big step when one is indicated. You can't
cross a chasm in two small steps. --David Lloyd George
- Don't fear change, embrace it. --Anthony J.
- Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The
saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might
have, and should have. --Louis E. Boone
- Don't let yourself be paralyzed by fear, which prevents so many people
from living out their dreams. --Mark Fisher
- Do the thing we fear, and the death of fear is certain. --Ralph Waldo
- Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it. . . that is the
quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear. --Dale
- Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire. --Jean de
- Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservations.
- Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
athough checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight
that knows not victory nor defeat. --Theodore Roosevelt
- F.E.A.R. - "False Evidence Appearing Real" --Unknown
- Fear is met and destroyed with courage. --James F. Bell
- Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed. --Michael
- God will not have his will manifest by cowards. --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free. --Nikos Kazantzakis
- If fear alters behavior, you're already defeated. --Brenda Hammond
- If I spent as much time doing the things I worry about getting done as
I do worrying about doing them, I wouldn't have anything to worry about.
- If we deny love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because
we fear pain or loss, then our lives will be empty, our loss greater.
- If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the
dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the
little things in life and pay the price for the things that are
worthwhile, it can be done. --Vince Lombardi
- If you fear nothing, you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy
can there be in life? --Unknown
- If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result
of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every
victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the
enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. --Sun-Tzu
- It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is
because we do not dare that they are difficult. --Seneca
- It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do
wrong. --Abraham Lincoln
- It's all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to
fly in formation. --Dr. Rob Gilbert
- It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.
- It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been
before . . . to test your limits . . . to break through barriers.
- I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time.
- Keep your fears to yourself, but share your inspiration with others.
--Robert Louis Stevenson
- Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.
--John F. Kennedy
- Life is not meant to be easy, my child; but take courage -- it can be
delightful. --George Bernard Shaw
- Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. --Anais Nin
- Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin
-- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary,
destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established
institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell
and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the
world, and the chief glory of man. --Bertrand Russell
- Men make history, and not the other way around. In periods where there
is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous,
skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better.
--Harry S Truman
- Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. --Marie
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things
not seen. --Bible, Hebrews
- One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with
potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with
consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. --Maya
- One of the great discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises,
is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. --Henry Ford
- One ought to seek out virtue for its own sake, without being influenced
by fear or hope, or by any external influence. Moreover, that in that does
happiness consist. --Diogenes Laertius, Zeno
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is
that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness,
that most frightens us. --Nelson Mandela
- Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by
fearing to attempt. --Shakespeare
- Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts... perhaps the fear of a loss of
power. --John Steinbeck
- Recognize that it is natural and normal to fear rejection. The only
thing wrong with it is if you allow the fear to dominate you so that it
holds you back from fulfilling your potential in your business. -- Brian
- Slowness to change usually means fear of the new. --Philip Crosby,
Reflections on Quality
- Successful people are not afraid to fail. --Unknown
- Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that
- The basis of optimism is sheer terror. -Oscar Wilde
- The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing
heart. --Robert G. Ingersoll
- The only person worse than a quitter is one who is afraid to begin.
- The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is
often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is
possible. --Richard M. DeVos
- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself -- nameless, unreasoning,
unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into
advance. --Franklin D. Roosevelt,
- There can be no great courage where there is no confidence or
assurance, and half the battle is in the conviction that we can do what we
undertake. --Orison Swett Marden
- The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage.
- 'Tisn't life that matters! 'Tis the courage you bring to it. --Sir Hugh
- To dream anything that you want to dream. To trust yourself to test
your limits. That is the courage to succeed. --Unknown
- To see what is right and not to do it, is want of courage. --Confucius
- To suffering there is a limit; to fearing, none.
- Truth fears no questions. --Unknown
- We can gain no lasting peace if we approach it with suspicion and
mistrust or with fear. We can gain it only if we proceed with the
understanding, the confidence, and the courage which flow from conviction.
--Franklin D. Roosevelt
- We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in
which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we
think we cannot. --Eleanor Roosevelt
- We must dare to think "unthinkable" thoughts. We must learn
to explore all the options and possibilities that confront us in a complex
and rapidly changing world. We must learn to welcome and not to fear the
voices of dissent. We must dare to think about "unthinkable
things" because when things become unthinkable, thinking stops and
action becomes mindless. --James W. Fulbright
- We must have courage to bet on our ideas, to take the calculated risk,
and to act. --Maxwell Maltz
- Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon,
there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always
difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To
map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the
same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes
brave men and women to win them. --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- What man does not understand, he fears; and what he fears, he tends to
- When proof is possible, faith is impossible. --Unknown
- You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he
uses to frighten you. --Eric Hoffer
- You can't be a winner and be afraid to lose. --Charles A. Lynch
- You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which
you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself,
"I've lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes
along." You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --Eleanor
- You'll never do a whole lot unless you're brave enough to try. --Dolly
Executive Education and Management Training
- The Institute experts research, develop and disseminate best management practices and
learned-lessons from leading management gurus. For advanced executive education
and training opportunities, please visit
Management Training Courses